We are all aware of the challenges our country and the world are facing from the novel corona virus. The President has declared a national state of emergency and the Governor of Michigan has done the same. As a result, to protect the vulnerable, it is necessary for us to stay in touch as a church family while limiting our personal contact with one another. The church board has agreed that we limit in meeting of people together to a maximum of 10 people, in accordance with the recommendations from the top epidemiologists of the country. Here is our plan effective immediately through the end of April.
- We will not hold services at the church. Instead we will have contact with one another mainly through electronic conferences of a variety of sorts as follows:
- The church service sermon will be broadcast live on our church Facebook page on Friday night. It will also be recorded and posted on our church Facebook page for viewing on Sabbath morning if you prefer. You will receive a link to this through our regular church newsletter. The sermon will be broadcast on Sabbaths at 11 a.m.
- Sabbath School will be through various venues on Sabbath morning with Sabbath School leaders reaching out to the families and members of the respective Sabbath School classes. Some may meet on Facebook, others on Zoom, others via teleconference or other means.
- Prayer Meeting is cancelled through the end of March, though we encourage you to make contact with a prayer partner to pray together at the midweek time. Watch for more announcements about Prayer Meeting. Watch for an email from Tom Shepherd about a possible prayer meeting by Zoom.
- Pathfinders, Adventurers and Little Lambs have no meetings for the next two weeks. Watch for information from the leaders.
We must pray for one another and stay in touch. I know that going to church is part of your life, just like is part of mine. We have to find ways to stay in touch and continue to grow together even through these challenging times and not let ourselves drift apart.
If you have questions, meet challenges, or need pastoral care or counsel feel free to call Pastor Toms or Tom Shepherd. God will carry us through this.
Tom Shepherd, Head Elder - 269-277-9488
Ted Toms, Pastor - 269-317-2296